What is the Gazette Hamper Fund?

Teresa Bird from the North Island Gazette provided me with some information regarding the Fund. For the last 28 years the Gazette Hamper Fund has provided families with hampers that contain a complete Christmas dinner (including a turkey and all the trimmings), age appropriate gifts and candy for children and extra food items for the family pantry.

In 2007 the fund raised almost $27,000 and provided 365 hampers to need families on the North Island from Woss to Port Hardy and from Kingcome Inlet to Zeballos.

I think most people who live on the North Island are aware of the Gazette Hamper Fund. It provides a valuable service to our communities. I've got to say I was surprised when I heard how many hampers went out last year! What a huge undertaking and one that requires donations from individuals like you and me.

Create for a Cause is an opportunity to get involved! Make sure you register and plan to be a part of this unique fund raising event.

No comments: